Sunday, August 12, 2012

Just Enough for Today

I will admit it.  I worry some about the future.

I am not concerned for my life, for I am secure in its end.  I do not wish it to end any time soon however, as I REALLY have some things I hope to resolve, repair, and renew. :)

My concerns are more about the financial realm.  I am incurring a large amount of medical bills due to this whole cancer and chemo therapy thing.  I do not wish to leave things unpaid for my heirs, nor do I want to have to claim bankruptcy.  I want to pay my bills completely and on time.

I am by no means complaining.  I know that when I need it, I will have it available.  That is the lesson from Exodus 16:12-18 (KJV):
"I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God.  And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.  And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.  And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.  This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.  And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.  And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating."
Again, we join the children of Israel in the Wilderness of Zin.  They have barely left Egypt.  They are fussing about being in the desert and having nothing to eat.  God heard their murmuring and told Moses that He would provide quails in the evening and bread in the morning.

That evening and 6 days a week, every week, the quail showed up.  The children ate meat in the evening.

In the morning and 6 days a week, the manna was there.  Manna was to be gathered and ground and bread was to be made from it.

I find it humorous that manna basically means "What is it?"  Isn't it ironic that we rarely see and/or understand God's blessings when they first appear.

I also find it interesting that no matter how much anyone gathered, once it was measured, those who gathered a lot and those who barely gathered each had just enough.

Dear Lord, please help me know you will provide exactly what I need, exactly when I need it.  I don't have to understand it, I merely have to thankfully accept your provision and steward it in the manner you desire.


2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (KJV)
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Rejoice and be glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment