Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Insanity??

Photo by me, edited
by my lovely wife.
Albert Einstein is attributed to the quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  By that definition, I am insane.

On November 27, 2012, I remarried my (x) wife.  While it was a simple ceremony with the local Justice of the Peace presiding (and our 7-year old daughter acting as the Maid of Honor/Flower Girl/Wedding Planner...), it was meaningful.  It means we are once again in union.  It means we have another chance to do it right.  It means God is a God of second chances, and will redeem previous mistakes, giving beauty for ashes.

The vows were prescripted based on a ceremony he has probably performed hundreds of times, but they ring true nonetheless.  In my head as I was listening intently to them before answering in the affirmative that I will hold them near and dear, I wanted to add that I will not take for granted the gift I have been given again.  I will truly cherish it and work everyday for it to be the best it can be.

I know the days ahead will not always be happy shiny days; there will be challenges.  But I will be working diligently hand in hand with my beautiful wife to overcome them.  Sadly, I also know that I will present a significant challenge to her, as my health concern raises its head from time to time, but together we will face it for the rest of the time we have to share.

I am grateful for this chance.  I am overwhelmed by God's mercy.  I am in love again, more than I can ever explain to you.  Many thanks to those of you who have joined us in praying for this day to happen.

2 comments: