Friday, December 28, 2012

No Excuses

While I was in the military, there was a saying: "The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters."  While it is merely an analogy, comparing effectiveness of various weapons systems, the meaning is clear.  An excuse is NEVER an effective weapon in the battles we are engaged in.

In life, especially in this Brave New World of the digital age, we are running out of excuses to justify our failures to meet our goals.  A resource to find web sites for free training on a large variety of topics, the No Excuse List, is a good place to start if you need help in meeting your goals.

I have found that one of the best defenses against digging through the excuse bin is to have a person or group of people in your life who support you in your goal and with whom you feel all parties can be brutally honest in relation to your goals.  Sometimes, you need someone who will call you out and push you when you are feeling defeated.

As I have posted previously, I have set the goal of running 1,000 miles and covering a total of 2,013 miles for charity in 2013.  I am hoping you will all call me out and push me (and support my fundraising goals too :) ).

I am asking for your assistance and want you to be brutally honest in calling me out and getting me out there if I slip and start falling behind.  I am also asking for your prayers on this that I stay healthy (no injuries) and work through the chemo side effects which might make this a bit rough on some days.  I NEVER want to play the "cancer card" as an excuse.  It does not own me!  I can and will deal with it.

Thank you all for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment