Saturday, December 29, 2012

Number Our Days

Lately, I have been inundated with references to Psalm 90:12 in my life.

If you are not familiar with it, here you go:
So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.

In my experience, when something sticks in my head or I am constantly seeing/hearing references to it, I have a lesson happening.  God works in mysterious ways, but sometimes He is not so subtle and I get a boot to the head.

One of the references came in a FB page/photo share from my fellow blogger Beloved ('Chelle) at Treat Me to a Feast-Notes from My Abundant Life.  Just a simple picture with the verse and reference.  It stuck.  Also, another blogger Bedky (Becky) at Counting My Days references it in title, but still the point came across.  And my wife just informed me that this is her theme verse for 2013.  Interesting how God does things, indeed.

A final reference, and more of the ear worm variety is the Shane and Shane song Arise, which uses a part of the verse in the lyrics, but oddly one of the few parts of the song that sticks with me.  Don't get me wrong, I like the entire song and could probably sing it all (poorly mind you, but I do know the words), it is just that line that hangs around.

From my askew general perspectives on life, I had a thought about the verse.  I fully understand that I can reasonably expect to live a shorter life than I had anticipated 7 months ago.  I am not wishing for this nor doubting the miraculous healing powers of God.  I just have this in my mind which therefore causes this verse to be more poignant to me: I have fewer to number and must make them count more.

Dear Lord, please guide me in this journey You have me on.  Help me make 2013 a year to remember full of You.  Thank You for teaching me, humbling me, and upholding me through 2012.  You have taught me much through defeat and allowed victory in the end.  I can never thank You enough.

On a side note, I have posted on this page a Donate button in support of my 2,013 miles in 2013 for Hope House challenge.  Please consider donating to this worthy charity and supporting my efforts to cover the miles.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment