Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In The Beginning, God...

"In the beginning, God..."

Even if you are not well-versed in your Bible, I am sure you recognize that line from Genesis 1:1.  It is the first four words of the English language Bible across nearly all available versions.

2013 has dawned and so far it is without mistake and pristine.  It is the perfect year, full of potential, of hope, and dreams.  One way to keep it that way is to ponder and apply those first four words daily.

In the beginning, God...  I need to seek him in the morning to clarify His path for me and guide my steps.  I need to give thanks for the ability to seek Him and all the blessings and mercies He renews every morning.  He never changes, He is always waiting for us to join Him.

I am working with the theme this year from Psalm 90:12 from the English Standard Bible [ESV], "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."  I need to treat every day as special and make it count.  I need to acquire a "heart of wisdom." Notice, the wisdom is assigned to the heart and not the head.  Seek wisdom; the Bible is full of references to doing so and names the source of it all: Proverbs 2:6, Colossians 2:2, Daniel 2:20, Romans 11:33, 36, Job 11:7, Jeremiah 33:3, Matthew 13:11, Ephesians 1:17, Amos 3:7, Daniel 2:28, John 8:31, and so many more.

Seek Him.  Number your days well.  And remember: In the beginning, God!

2013 Goals Check:

Reading chronologically through the Bible
Today's reading, Genesis 1-3.  The creation of the world, God rests, The creation of man and woman, The Fall.  Completed.

2,013 in 2013 Challenge for Hope House
Planned on getting up a little earlier and running into work (3-ish miles) and then running home after work for a total of just over 6 miles for the day.  Things did not work out so well.  I was very tired when the alarms started ringing and it was VERY dark and the route to work is pretty rural with limited lighting.  I did not desire to carry a flashlight and I had a backpack full of work gear.  I chose to salvage my already not quite so wonderful back and just drive in.  Looks like afternoon runs for the next 2 weeks until my shift changes.  I did complete an afternoon run.  2.55 miles down, 997.45 to go (for running goal, 2010.45 for overall goal).


No comments:

Post a Comment