Thursday, September 20, 2012

Love Letters

I am guilty. I was like a dog chasing cars when it came to "courting" my (x)wife. When I caught her, I didn't know what to do with her.

In the courtship phase, I was very attentive to her. Telling her she was beautiful (very true) and that I loved her. Surprising her with tokens of my affection.

Once she was my wife, all that faded away slowly. At the end, there was a point where we did not really speak to each other for nearly a month. We were separate people loving together and not the "one flesh" the Bible describes for man and wife.

During this current time of separation, as we try to renew a broke relationship and bring "beauty from ashes," I am once again attentive. While the media has changed, text messages instead of letters from afar, the message is the same: I love you.

My goal is to tell her every day that I love her, and more importantly, when we are together, to SHOW her.

Every day, I am reading through an old love letter. No, it is not from my (x)wife, it is from God.

God loved me enough to compile a long love letter toe which took 4000 years to write. He tells me of His love for me in words that touch my heart.

More importantly, He shows me how much He loves me. John 3:16 "For God SO LOVED the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth on Him shall have eternal life."

I don't know about you, but THAT means something to me.

So take some time, today and read through the greatest love letter ever written and know He wrote it just for you. And His love will never fade.

1 comment: