Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ctrl+Alt+Del

The keyboard combination of Ctrl+Alt+Del is one of the most useful  key combinations you can know if you use a Windows based system.  It will bring you to a menu where you can lock your computer, switch user, log off/restart, change a password, or start task manager.

Windows used to have a pretty bad reputation (I know Apple people and others, it still does) as far as system reliability.  The dreaded Blue Screen of Death would surprise users out of nowhere causing them to apply the Three-fingered Salute as the key-stroke has also been dubbed, sometime multiple times during the day.  I know I mentioned much of this in my first post Reboot, so I will not rehash it too much more.

Today, I am going to discuss a different application for Ctrl+Alt+Del.  I have seen it titled the "Just Three Steps to Enjoy Life."
  1. Ctrl- Control yourself.
  2. Alt-Look for Alternatives.
  3. Del-Delete the situations which give you trouble.
Let's take a look at these "steps" one at a time.

1.  Control yourself. Titus 2:11-13 (NIV):
"For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.  It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."
Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.

Are you seeing that? The grace of God teaches us to say "No."  We have a way out! The grace of God has our backs.  We can do this!!

2. Look for Alternatives. 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV):
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.

God will not allow you to face anything you can't handle, or if you do, there is a way out.  So look for the Alternative solutions, there is always one there, God IF faithful to provide one.  You just have to look for it.

3.  Delete the situations which give you trouble.  1 Thessalonians 5:22 (NIV):
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."
Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.

If you are doing everything you can to abstain from/avoid  the appearance of evil, you will avoid the situations which would cause you to stumble.  God wants us to maintain a solid testimony for Him.  If we are hanging out in places we should not be (because it causes us to stumble), how are we keeping up our testimony? Even if we do not stumble, the appearance of our behavior will harm it.

Dear Lord, teach me to understand that I DO NOT HAVE TO SIN.  You love us and desire our holiness.  You have set us apart for You.  You have provided us ALL we need to know to avoid temptation, sin, and the very appearance of evil for Your sake.  Thank You for loving us so much that You would keep us from harm.

Rejoice and be glad!

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Donald! I like how you summed up a profound concept in an easy to remember exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin. I wish I could take credit for it, I found the general premise somewhere and merely expanded it.

      I just hope I did the originator justice.

      Delete
  2. I like the ctrl alt delete applied to life theory - a simple concept which could have real power if actually applied!
    Regards, Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new and helpful way to look at ctrl-alt-del. I think most of us could stand to remember that in our daily lives--I know I could!

    ReplyDelete