Sunday, July 15, 2012

Reboot


43 years, 2 months, and 3 days: Gone.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life; a life which is dedicated to reclaiming my family, my wife, and my health.


  1. My family: for the past nearly 4 years, my four fantastic children have lived in Georgia and I have lived in NM and/or TX.  This must change, especially as the boys age.  They need a father in their life, they need me.
  2. My wife: I made mistakes. Biggest mistake: I stopped trying to pursue her and gave up.  I lost hope that I could ever hold her in my arms again; that I could love her like she needs to be loved.  She completes me, I need her.  She deserves a much better me than she had before.
  3. On June 4, 2012, I was notified there was something wrong with my innards based on an x-ray and a CT scan.  After a referral to an oncologist, I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer which has spread to my liver.  My Dr. has "realistically" informed me that I will most likely be undergoing chemo therapy for the rest of my life.  I "realistically" have no problem with that, though it will get annoying in 20-30 years to still be dealing with this (joke).  I do not believe the statistics, I hold that there can be a dynamic reversal of the cancer based on prayer and belief.  I am claiming complete healing.
Ephesians 4:22-24 (NKJV)
"...put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, to true righteousness and holiness."
Too bad we, like a computer, cannot just reboot when we encounter a flaw in our operating.  Too often, I have seen a flash in my life of the "blue screen of death" which Microsoft users used to get quite often, only it was because I had erred.  Simply pressing the power button and conducting a reboot to get everything working right again would be nice.  So, here I go...

REBOOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment