Monday, July 30, 2012

AQUÈL QUIEN LA BUENA OBRA EMPEZÒ


Sorry about that.  But the topic today and focus verse, when ever I hear it, cause me to drop into the Spanish translation.  I can't help it.  I blame Steve Green for his "Hide'em in your Heart" series which helps people memorize scripture through song.

One of the songs is "AQUÈL QUIEN LA BUENA OBRA EMPEZÒ," which is sung in Spanish obviously, and is the translation of Philippians 1:6. (NIV) "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

That is a promise worth remembering.  God will be faithful to finish the work He has started in us! When I get down because I feel as though there is no progress in my walk, I can know that God is not done with me yet.  When I feel like everything is just standing still in my life, I can know God is not done with me yet.

That is exciting.  That should make you smile and help you get through a rough spot.  Don't worry, you keep working towards what you feel God has for you, and He will keep working on you as well until you are complete.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. Donald,
    you've done it again. Just the encouragement I needed on this day (and today is a good day). It's counter intuitive that we should encourage one another when things are good, but we should.
    Thank you.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

      We need to continually encourage each other regardless of good or bad day. Especially early in the day, to steer it towards a good day. :)

      Delete