Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh my soul...

Today is a good day.

To elaborate, God is in control.  He has forgiven me.  He heals me.  He has redeemed me.

I am currently experiencing some rather inconvenient (not painful or sickening) side effects from the chemo therapy, at least what my research on the symptoms potentially links as an allergic reaction to the newest drug which was added to my cocktail last weekend.  The inconvenient side effect: itchy palms of my hands and soles of my feet, which has expanded to general itching all over.

When discussing the issue this morning with my (x)Wife, we were prayerfully discussing (through texts) options and claiming God's truths and promises.  I was given Psalm 103: 1-4.  It is the truth.

Psalm 103:1-4 (KJV)
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;"
Every part of us need to be praising God for what He has done (His benefits):

  • He forgives us!
  • He heals us!
  • He redeems us!
  • He loves us!
Therein lies our focus! (Had to use this. ;) )

Rejoice and be glad!  With this truth, how can any day NOT be a good day?

No comments:

Post a Comment