Tuesday, July 24, 2012

To walk upon my high places.

Sometimes, things just do not go my way.  In general that is, nothing specific bringing about this statement.  I just don't always get things to turn out exactly like I think they should.  Life would be much more pleasant of they did; besides, who knows more about what I need to happen to secure my attitude than me?

The above is a very selfish comment.  It is intended to illustrate a point rather than reflect my attitude.  I have been there, just not recently.  Once I accepted that it rains on the just and the unjust alike (Matthew 5:45) it is easier to accept.

In the past two months, people have made comments concerning my attitude which I found surprising.  They are surprised at how up beat and calm I seem throughout this ordeal.  It was a conscious decision I had to make.  My "natural" inclination would have been to fall into the trap of pity and basically give up.  That is unacceptable to me, as I have WAY too much love I need to share with my children and wife.  I have chosen the "Supernatural" option!  I believe that God can and will intervene.  He will promote complete healing in His time and according to His will.  Does this mean the next time I go to the Dr., I will be declared cancer free? It could, or it could mean a slow reduction in things and a very long time.  Either way, I AM NOT IN CONTROL.  Which ever route He takes, it will be the one He chooses and is best for His purposes.

There is a purpose in my going through this.  I may never know exactly what it is, but knowing there is something is enough for me.  There is a plan.

A passage from the Bible that comforts me in this situation is Habakkuk 3:17-19 (KJV):
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."
My paraphrase: Sometimes, bad things happen. It is no excuse. Praise the Lord ANYWAY. He is the reason you have made it to the point of even experiencing a bad time. There will be good times coming, bear with it.  Sometimes you have to go through the low ground to find the path up to the mountain top.

Notice: in verse 19, "He will make me to walk..." Sometimes, God will push us a bit to get us out of the low land funky places we can linger.

Let Him lead you (or push you as the case may be), and go!

Praise the Lord ANYWAY!

1 comment: