Saturday, July 28, 2012

And having done all, to stand.

"Satan is never in a hurry. All he needs is an opportunity to inject unholy, self-centered thoughts into our heads. If we don't kick them out, they stay. And he can continue his evil, destructive plan."

I am currently reading excerpts from the Battlefield of the Mind 14-day Bible reading plan by Joyce Meyer on lifechurch.tv's youversion Bible reading application. This little tidbit was part of the other morning's reading. It went straight to Evernote on the iPad.
It was a perspective I had never before considered. Satan has time to wait for us to get down. Then he can inject the thoughts into our heads when we are less likely to be able to resist.

Lesson from this? Oh, where to start...?

James 4:7 (KJV)
"Submit yourself therefore to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Ephesians 6:12-18 (KJV) 
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)
"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

I know for me, this is a battle since I (especially being out of work for medical reasons) am alone and have no accountability at home right now.  I need to integrate into a group of Godly men.  I am moving in that direction, and have made contact with several from work.

But that is usually the problem.  I prefer not to socialize with individuals from work when I am not at work.  I do not like the conversation to turn, as it always does, to work issues.  But it is not about my preferences...it is not about me at all.  It is the right thing to do:

Hebrews 10:24-25 (KJV)
"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."
I know what I am battling and I know how to fight it; now, all I have to do is remember to carry my sword.  And it never hurts to have back up in the area when the enemy shows up.

1 comment:

  1. Donald,
    surround yourself with people who will keep you accountable. You may be surprised by who those folks are, though. Ask in faith. You might be stunned what comes to you.
    Be strong.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete