Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days, Day 11

Recap of Day 10:

Breakfast (4:50 a.m.):  Whole wheat tortilla with Smucker's All-natural peanut butter.
Mid morning snack (8:30 a.m.): Banana
Lunch (11:00 a.m.): Dr. McD's prepackaged soup Pad Thai.  I enjoyed this one immensely.  Never really been a fan of Pad Thai, but I like this one.  Just a hint of the peanut flavor.  Most I have had are like eating spicy noodles with peanut butter on them.
Dinner (5:30 p.m.): More tortilla soup (see Day 10 for components).
Evening snack (7:00 p.m.): 2 Whole wheat tortillas with Smucker's All-natural peanut butter.

Not too much going on today.  Last day of work before vacation.  Flying out to Atlanta on Sunday.  So I have several days home before leaving.  Plans include laundry, packing, and cleaning the house.  When I get back, time will be limited before the family comes out here for a bit, so I need to use whatever time I can to my advantage.

Planning on starting running again (for real) on October 29th.  I want to complete a grand slam next year (5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon).  I have no races targeted yet, but have found a couple early spring 5k races within a reasonable commute, and worst case scenario, there is a full marathon locally though I would prefer something with a bit more scenery and less remote.

Also would like to do the Milkman Triathlon in Dexter, New Mexico.  I completed the 2010 race as my first one, and learned a lot about what I need to do to get ready.  I completed the 2011 race as an individual and as part of a relay (swam the relay leg).  The team placed third in the adjusted age group.  Pretty pleased with that, but think I can do better as an individual and we can do better as a team.  So I may be reaching out to folks to put together a team again, start getting ready.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment