Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days, Day 7

Recap of Day 6:

Forgot to mention on yesterday's post that my Dr is mad at me.  From last Friday to this Friday's appointment, I have lost 7 pounds.  She was chastising me that I should not be losing so much weight[Trust me I still have plenty to spare].  I tried to explain to her that I am still eating, and then showed her my food log to prove it.  She doesn't like the fact that I have cut out entire "food" groups, but since the blood tests came back better, she can get over it.  If things start to tank on me, she can give me dietary advise (which is the one thing I find surprisingly absent from this cancer treatment practice).  I can't believe I have never even been offered nutritional counseling or to see a trainer for exercise, when in every article I read, nutrition and exercise are very important in the battle. Hmmm...guess I will bring that up next time and see what kind of answer I get.

Breakfast (9:30 a.m.): Mashed Black Beans ans Spinach on a 7 grain with flax tortilla (2)
Lunch (1:00 p.m.): Can of Lentil and Apple soup.
Afternoon snack (3:00 p.m.): Lara Uber Bar..
Dinner (6:00 p.m.):  Dr. McD prepackaged Miso Soup (really liked this).
Evening Snack (8:00 p.m.): Lara Uber Bar

Not a productive day.  Stayed indoors all day due to having the porta-pump attached (and I don't feel like heading out and about or burning gas in my truck).  Ready to head home and make some more soup, especially since the weather is very cool (high 55) for a couple days.  It will get hot again soon, but at least I get a few days respite.  And it is about getting through groceries this week since I am heading out for 2 weeks to the greater Atlanta-metroplex.






1 comment:

  1. Donald, I love that you share your food journals. So often when people talk about health and nutrition, one must "guess" about the specifics. Wishing you every success in your continued efforts for health and vitality.

    ReplyDelete