Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days, Day 10

Recap of Day 9.

Breakfast (4:30 a.m.): Whole wheat tortilla with (un-) refried pinto beans and roasted potatoes.
Early morning snack (7:30 a.m.): Banana
Late morning snack (9:30 a.m.): Honey Crisp apple
Lunch (11:30 a.m.): Dr. McD's prepackaged tortilla soup (good stuff).
Dinner (5:00 p.m.):  Homemade tortilla soup (quart of veggie broth, medium bottle of Pace Picante sauce, can of canneloni beans, can of diced tomatoes, can of whole kernel corn, served with crushed tortilla chips mixed in) Also, very good.
Evening snack (7:30 p.m.): Whole wheat tortilla with Smucjer's all-natural peanut butter.

So, I have been thinking a lot lately about running.  I know I talk about it a lot, but I do enjoy it.  I admit I have NOT run seriously in nearly a year, and that is due simply to laziness and lack of motivation.  Since my diagnosis and starting treatment, battling fatigue has been another issue. 

After my 10-12 hour work shifts, I am tired.  Plain and simple.  I do NOT have a physically demanding job, but end up emotionally drained and mentally exhausted.  These days the extent of my job entails sitting at a desk and putting out "fires" or directing enforcement efforts in this area.  Yes, I am a mid-level management weenie.

Last year when I was training for my marathon, I inspired a high school class mate to start running.  He has completed several half marathons since starting running and this past weekend completed the Chicago Marathon.  In January, he will be attempting the Goofy goal at the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend (a Saturday half marathon followed by a Sunday Marathon).  Now, he is inspiring me to get moving again.

I would like to run the Disney World Marathon or Half Marathon, but mostly just want to go back to Disney.  All the kids are older now so it will be a completely different experience from the 2007 trip and radically different from the honeymoon trip :). 

I am heading to Atlanta Sunday evening for nearly 2 weeks vacation and family time.  I am looking forward to it very much.  During that time, I hope to run a few times with my (x)wife, who has started running 5k races.  I hope to convince her to extend the distances she would consider and begin training with her for a half marathon.  Then we could have an excuse for attending Disney.  We shall see, but mostly I just need to get moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment