Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days, Day 8

Recap of Day 7.

Breakfast (7:30 a.m.): Two mashed Black bean whole wheat tortilla roll-ups.
Lunch (2:30 p.m.): Veggie broth with roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, tofu, red cabbage, broccoli, and general spices (black pepper, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, oregano).
Dinner (6:00 p.m.): Whole wheat tortilla, chunky peanut butter, and a banana.

Not a very eventful day.  Just drove back from Midland after the disconnect.  Football isn't holding my attention too much, so I am watching bad SyFy tv.  I did multitask while roasting the sweet potatoes, I roasted some red potatoes too and made [un-]refried pintos (mashed pintos with a bit of salsa added for moisture) for this week's breakfasts, and a pot of brown rice for lunches.

Still have several of Dr. McD's quick soups left so they will probably be dinner and some whole wheat gnocchi and marinara which I need to finish.  I should be good ont he grocery front without leaving too much to spoil  while I am in Georgia.

I was excited to find a new source of  TVP (texture vegetable protein) which is a good meat substitute. I like to just rehydrate with some water and add some taco seasoning to make TVP tacos.  Want to try to do some faux burgers one of these days when I get back.  Since my (x)wife and kids are coming here for most of November, she and I are trying to coordinate a Thanksgiving meal that will work for everyone.  We have seen a few things which sounded good.  Hope we can find them again and find what is needed to prepare them.

One of these days, I hope to find or create a couple interesting recipes which I can share with others.  I don't want to just live off the works of others...lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment